Wednesday, August 6, 2008

> The Loyal Wife

> The Loyal Wife
> >
> >
> >
> > There was a man who had worked all of his life, had
> saved all of his
> > money, and was a real miser when it came to his money.
> >
> > Just before he died, he said to his wife, "When I
> die, I want you to
> > take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I
> want to take
> > my money to the afterlife with me."
> >
> > And so he got his wife to promise him with all of her
> heart that
> > when he died, she would put all of the money in the
> casket with him.
> >
> > Well, he died . . .
> > He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was
> sitting there in
> > black, and her friend was sitting next to her. When
> they finished
> > the ceremony, just before the undertakers got ready to
> close the
> > casket, the wife said, "Wait, just a
> minute!"
> >
> > She had a box with her, she came over with the box and
> put it in the
> > casket.
> >
> > Then the undertakers locked the casket down, and they
> rolled it away.
> >
> > Her friend said, "I know you weren't fool
> enough to put all that
> > money in there with your husband."
> >
> > The loyal wife replied "Listen, I can't go
> back on my word. I
> > promised him that I was going to put that money in
> that casket with
> > him."
> >
> > "You mean to tell me you put that money in the
> casket with him !!! ?"
> >
> > "I sure did" said the wife. "I got it
> all together, put it into my
> > account and wrote him a cheque. If he can cash it, he
> can spend it."
> >
> > Moral of the story: Women are cleverer than Men .....
> >
> > Send this to a clever women you know, or a man with
> a good sense
> > of humor . . . . .
> >
> > I just did.
> >
> >

No comments: